Friday, September 25, 2009

At The Same Moment...

...my ferry departed, the helicopter took off.

I am not sure why these words intrigue me, but it certainly was a surprise to find them sprawled across the otherwise very businesslike NY Harbor ferry slips. I remember my first visit to NYC at the age of 15, and an evening spent on top of the Empire State Building after dark. I could not stop staring at the seemingly endlessly stretching strings of flickering lights and tried to imagine the millions of life's scenarios playing out at the same moment far below. I felt jealous, privileged and very small at the same time. It was then that I fell in love with New York City, and maybe it was then that I fell in love with photography as well. Every picture is one of a million moments and one of a million possibilities.

No comments: