Saturday, August 30, 2008

Factory Work

Old factory sign behind chain link fence

Enough with lofty aspirations such as freedom and liberty, and back to the daily grind. On my way to the Copiague post office today, I had to drive through the 4 block "industrial part of town", if one can call it that. While gray and rainy skies to match loomed overhead (and being somewhat bored with ocean pictures as of late), I decided to see whether some photos were hiding here. One of my finds was this old sign. I like to discover things from the past and this is certainly one of them. The factory has long since closed it's doors and the sign looked like a remnant from an era before employment agencies and internet job searches. I am pretty sure they wouldn't call it "factory work" nowadays either, but maybe "manual assembly service agents wanted".

No comments: